An author bio is an easy way to give credit to the person who has written the article/blog post. It is helpful for authors, as the readers who read the article get to learn about them. This simple means of promotion can help them get more job opportunities.
If you want to capitalize on the benefits of an author bio, then read this article. We are going to show you some tips to design a catchy WordPress author bio for their readers.
What is an author bio?
An author bio feature communicates the name of the article writer. The most effective author bio is the one that adds some context to the writer who is behind the article. Simple Author Box Pro is a popular plugin that allows for creating author bio for WordPress sites. It is a reliable, hassle-free, and quick way to automatically add author description of multiple authors on a website.
What Does An Author Bio Consist Of?
To create catchy and impacting author bios, you must add the following elements, in addition to the author’s name:
- The title of the writer
- The credentials of the writer such as top-quality books, journals, and magazine for which they write, or any big project that has been successfully launched
- The relationship and interests of the person to the industry they represent on the blog
- A link to their online website or relevant social media profiles
- A byline that is regarded as a perk for a writer
It has been seen that authors who work as a ghostwriter charge more fees per word, in comparison to those who get their name mentioned in the author bio section. In other words, when you get the credit for the content, you might get paid less, but you it will help you grow in authority as a writer. That reputation will benefit you in the long run.
An author bio is mostly seen in guest blogs where the writer does not get paid, but gets his name on the article. This provides them an opportunity to endorse themselves as well as their business.
What is the importance of displaying Author Profiles?
Below are the benefits of adding an author bio in the article:
- Highlights the personalities of writer/s who are behind the content
- Help to distinguish your blog from the rest of the other competitive blogs
- Gives credentials to the authors for the valuable content they have written
- By adding links to writer’s social media profiles and personal websites, it helps readers to get a better understanding of who they are
- It gives an opportunity to all the contributors to promote their projects
- It is perceived to be a reward to the author for their contribution
By installing a simple author bio plugin to your web page, you can very easily add author description on the webpage.
An author bio is one of the ways to provide a sense of authority and credibility to an organization/authenticity. It is more than a matter of pride, and self-importance. The inclusion of an author bio also benefits the SEO objectives of a website.